Through the display of various items deemed to be crucial to the development of traditional Korean medicine, the Museum of Korean Medical History is aimed at not only helping students majoring in traditional Korean medicine gain further insight into their vocation but also enabling the general public interested in the medicine to get closer and more familiar with the valuable national heritage. The exhibits include ancient medical books, clinical records, and diverse relics related to traditional Korean medicine along with commentary on the development of the medicine on the Korean Peninsula for each vital era.
The College of Oriental Medicine at Kyung Hee University has made all-out efforts to enrich the exhibits of the museum including academic materials related to traditional Korean medicine. The collections are valuable aspects of cultural heritage for Koreans. They help visitors better understand not only the past and present of traditional Korean medicine but also its bright future. They include donations from many prominent figures in the field as well as various items that Kyung Hee University has purchased over the years.
Address and Contact
- Address26, Kyungheedae-ro, Dongdaemun-gu, Seoul (403 College of Oriental Medicine, Kyung Hee University)
- Days and HoursMon-Fri 10:00-16:00 (Closed on weekends and national holidays)
- Website http://museumkm.khu.ac.kr/ Go to website
- SubwayTransfer to town bus 01 at Exit 1 of Hoegi Station (Line 1•Jungang Line) and get off at the main gate of Kyung Hee Univ.
- Bus120, 1222, 147, 261, 273