Foreign Resident Registration
Welcome to Dongdaemun-gu
Eligibility and criteria for registration as a foreign resident in South Korea
- Any foreign notional who desires to reside in Korea for more than 90 days after entering the country.
- Any person who has lost his or her Korean nationality and subsequently obtained a foreign nationality and desires to reside in Korea for more than 90 days.
- Any foreign national who was born in Korea, is qualified to reside in Korea, and desires to reside in Korea for more than 90 days.
Period of foreign resident registration in South Korea
- Any foreign national who desires to reside in Korea for more than 90 days.
- Within 90 days of entering Korea
- Any foreign national who is either qualified to reside in South Korea or who has been issued an amended permit.
- Time of permit issuance (Immediately)
Documents to submit all applicants
- Application for foreign resident registration
- 1 color photo (3.5㎝×4.5㎝)
- Fee : Varies according to the type of residence (government revenue stamp) (The fee is exempted for D-8 visas)
Additionally required documents depend on the type of residency.
- Documents proving the place of residence (Lease Agreement, Confirmation of Accommodation, Utility Bill Payment Receipt, etc.)
Additional documents to submit may vary, depending on the residency status.
Inquiries Immigration Contact Center Tel : 1345
Competent Immigration Office of Dongdaemun-gu : Seoul Immigration Office, Sejongno branch
|Location||2F & 3F, Seoul Global Center / 38, Jong-ro, Jongno-gu, Seoul|
|Subway||One-minute walk from Exit 5 or 6 of Jonggak Station, Subway Line No. 1|