Welcome to Dongdaemun-gu
- Year installed1987
- Contents of MilestoneWhere lodging and medicine were given to tourists and patients between 1393 and 189
- DirectionsExit 3 of Anam Station on Subway Line 6 In front of KEB Hana Bank Anamdong Branch
Seongdong Station Site
- Year installed2004
- Contents of MilestoneSeongdong Station was the starting station for Gyeongchun Line, a private railway constructed by Gyeongchun Railway Company on July 25th, 1939 during the Japanese Occupation Period. For 30 years, many of the forest products and staple products from northern Gyeonggi-do and Gangwon-do were transported. After liberation, Gyeongchun Line was nationalized and, after its functions were transferred to Cheongnyangni Station in 1970, it was taken down.
- Directions109, Wangsan-ro (Jegi-dong), Dongdaemun-gu, Seoul On the roadside in front of Hansol Donguibogam Building
- Year installed2000
- Contents of MilestoneAfter Queen Myeongseong, wife of King Gojong, died in Eulmisabyeon (Assassination of Queen Min), she was buried here on November 21st, 1897 and the tomb was named Hongneung. Then, on February 16th, 1919, it was transferred to Geumgok-dong, Namyangju, Gyeonggi-do to be next to King Gojong, leaving only an empty lot in Hongneung.
- Directions57, Hoegi-ro, Dongdaemun-gu, Seoul
Left of the main gate to National Institute of Forest Science
The original site of Hwigyeongwon is marked by a small stone near the end of a walking path on the left side behind the Forest Preservation Research building within National Institute of Forest Science. A signpost is made of wood.
- Year installed2001
- Contents of MilestoneHwigyeongwon is the burial site of Subin Park, mother of King Sunjo and royal concubine of King Jeongjo. After death, she was given a name, Hwigyeong, which is how the village was named Hwigyeong-ri. After several relocations, it was finally moved to Seosamneung, Wondam-eup, Goyang-gun in 1949.
- Directions20, Mangu-ro 18na-gil, Dongdaemun-gu, Seoul
In the garden on the right side of Hwigyeong Middle School, which can be reached by going straight on the road on the right of Sahmyook Medical Center and turning right (can be seen directly from the main gate)
Jun Young-taek House Site
- Year installed2009
- Contents of MilestoneHome of Neulbom Jun Young-taek (1894-1968), a pastor, novelist and pioneer of Korean New Literature Movement
A member of a coterie known as <Changjo>, Korea's first literary magazine established in 1919, and author of novels including <Widow's Cruse> (1925) and <Cows> (1964) and hymn <Spring Wind for Four Seasons> and many more.
- Directions7, Imun-ro 21-gil (Imun-dong), Dongdaemun-gu, Seoul
Go straight on the alley left of Kookmin Bank Imun-dong Branch, 3rd house on the left