Welcome to Dongdaemun-gu
The Dongdaemun-gu Culture Hall opened in December, 1997, in order to provide a cultural space easily accessible by every resident in Dongdaemun-gu. The building, with a total building area of 2,929.68㎡, consists of one floor underground and three floors above ground. Its sections include The House of Culture, Reference Exhibition Room, Little Auditorium, and Reference Information Room. It is commited to preserving and developing the local traditions and culture as an integral part of the local citizens’ welfare.
Address and Contact
- Address210-9, Dapsimni-ro (San2-121, Dapsimni-dong), Dongdaemun-gu, Seoul
- Hours & Open Institution
- Film Exhibition Hall: All year around (except for national statutory holidays) / Open: 9 AM–5 PM on weekdays
- Information Resources Center: All year around (except for national statutory holidays) / Open: 9 AM–10 PM from Monday to Thursday (9 AM–6 PM on Fridays)
Operating Facilities and Hours
- House of Cultureopen year-round (except on official holidays) / Weekdays: 09:00 ~ 20:00, Saturdays and Sundays: 09:00 ~ 17:00
- Reference Exhibition Room(closed on official holidays): 09:00 ~ 20:00
- Little Auditoriumopen year-round (except on official holidays) / 09:00 ~ 20:00
- Reference Information Roomopen year-round (except on official holidays) / 09:00 ~ 22:00
Cultural Center Rental and Usage
To use the facility
- You can always use the Reference Information Room, Individual Practice Rooms, Cultural Salon, Audio-visual Space, and Creative Cultural Room.
- To apply for the rental of the facility: sections available for rental include the Culture Audience Room, Reference Exhibition Room, first and second floors underground, and the Little Auditorium (the price ranges from 16,000 won to 40,000 won, for three hours).
How to apply
- submit the requisite documents (if you are applying for rental in advance)
- For questions: ☎ 2215-0586 ~ 8
- Line 1 (Exit 3 of Jegi-dong Station): bus 262, 720, 3220 (get off at Dongdaemun Gymnasium)
- Line 5 (Exit 5 of Dapsimni Station): bus 145 (get off at the rear gate of Dongdaphansin Apt)
- Line 5 (Exit 4 of Dapsimni Station-LG U+): bus 1218 (get off at Dongdaemun Gymnasium)
- Line 5 (Exit 3 of Janghanpyeong Station-LG U+): bus 2112 (get off at Dongdaemun Gymnasium)