Spring Flower Festival
Started in 2008, it is one of Dongdaemun-gu’s most renowned spring festivals held every year in early to mid-April when spring flowers are in full bloom by Jungnangcheon Stream. On a 2.5-km section on which 30 to 40-year-old cherry trees are lined up, various cultural art performances as well as a walking contest, parade and arts festival are held for citizens to enjoy and participate in a variety of events and booths.
- Event periodSpring flower blossoming season in early to mid-April every year
- Event locationNear Jungnangcheon Waterside Park
- Opening ceremony and celebratory performances (trot, musical gala, popera and so on)
- A variety of events for residents: Celebratory performances by local singers, performances by dong autonomous centers, food stalls prepared by each dong and so on.
- Dongdaemun-gu orchestra, children’s chorus, women’s chorus, spring flower busking, children's theme park, shopping and experiential booths